On 24 and 25 June we will be working with the City of Cape Town and the team that brings the Electronic & Gaming Expo to life to host an Esports Weekend as part of the City’s eagerness to be involved in the growth of gaming and esports locally.
The Cape Town Esports Weekend will be hosted at Sarepta Sport and Recreation Centre in Kuils River and will feature FIFA 17 and Injustice 2. Up for grabs will be cash prizes with entry being free. However, it should be noted that entry numbers will be limited.
|FIFA 17||Injustice 2||FIFA 17|
|Registration||9:30 to 10:30||10:30 to 11:30||10:00 to 10:45|
|Matches||11:00 to finish||12:00 to finish||11:00 to finish|
|Total Player Cap||256||64||128|
|Double Elimination||Up to 128 Players||Up to 32 Players||Up to 64 Players|
|Single Elimination||129 Player or more||33 Players or more||65 Player or more|
To pre-register for the three tournaments, please head here:
*Please note that you may only register for either the FIFA 17 or Injustice 2 on Saturday and not both.
For additional information regarding the event, please head to our landing page.
When you are chatting about the event on social media, please us the hashtag #CTesports.
THE CAPE TOWN ESPORTS WEEKEND ANNOUNCED
Cape Town, South Africa, 16th June 2017 – The City of Cape Town is showing its support for the development of Esports and Gaming in Cape Town with a tournament weekend hosted in conjunction with the Electronic & Gaming Expo (EGE) and African Cyber Gaming League (ACGL) in conjunction with its sister organization Zombiegamer.
Over two days at the Sarepta Sport and Recreation Centre in Kuils River, FIFA 17 and Injustice 2 tournaments will be hosted. On Saturday 24 June, the tournaments will be open to all players over 13 years old, while the Sunday (25 June) FIFA 17 tournament will only be open to players aged between 13 and 18 years old. Entry to the tournaments will be free with a player cap as indicated below. Up for grabs will be cash prizes totaling over R26,000.
On the Sunday, the City of Cape Town will be bringing in players from a variety of other community centres to experience and play competitively while having the opportunity to engage and learn more about esports and gaming locally.
The weekend event is set to mark the start of a longer term plan by the City of Cape Town to bring esports and gaming opportunities to a wider community throughout the city.
- Dates: Saturday 24 June and Sunday 25 June 2017
- Times: Saturday: 9h30-18h00 | Sunday: 10h00-16h00
- Saturday: FIFA 17 (Xbox One)
- Player Cap: 256 players (128 via pre-registration | 128 via walk-in)
- Times: 9:30-10h30 – Player Registration | 11h00 to finish – Tournament
- Prize Pool: R16,000 cash (Split across top eight)
- Bracket: Double Elimination: Up to 128 players | Single Elimination: 129 to 256 players
- Saturday: Injustice 2 (PS4)
- Player Cap: 64 players (32 via pre-registration | 32 via walk-in)
- Times: 10:30-11h30 – Player Registration | 12h00 to finish – Tournament
- Prize Pool: R8,000 cash (Split across top eight)
- Bracket: Double Elimination: Up to 32 players | Single Elimination: 33 to 64 players
- Sunday: FIFA 17 (Xbox One) | 13 to 18-year-old only
- Player Cap: 128 players (32 via pre-registration | 96 via walk-in)
- Times: 10h00-10h45 – Player Registration | 11h00 to finish – Tournament
- Prize Pool: R2,400 cash (Split across top eight)
- Bracket: Double Elimination: Up to 64 players | Single Elimination: 65 to 128 players
- Sunday: Injustice 2 (PS4) | 13 to 18-year-old only | Free-to-play | No tournament
- Where: Sarepta Sport and Recreation Centre, Kappertjie Street, Kuils River, Western Cape
- Cost: Free
Additional information can be found on the event landing page.
If you need any additional assistance in managing your profile, signing up to matches and more, you can view our how-to videos.