On 24 and 25 February, we’ll be at Sun Exhibits in GrandWest hosting a variety of gaming and esports activities. The event will be the first in our series of AfrEsports events at the venue, with the aim to keep growing and adding elements to ensure an engaging event for gamers and geek-culture aficionados of all kinds.
But we haven’t forgotten those that prefer a little virtual fighting, racing or just some general gaming. There are competitions, mini-tournaments, giveaways, vendors and more for everyone that feels a little daunted by the two big tournaments.
And for those not keen to participate at all, but rather watch or browse, the good news is, you can do so for free. That’s right. Nothing, nada, zilch, gratis. We are offering a free entry option to the event that will give you access to vendors, the Metal Gear Survive launch, a racing challenge, giveaways and the ability to see others ‘pwning’ others.
We’re pleased to detail the MWEB Mini-Tournaments which will feature a variety of titles at different times over the weekend where participants can win cash prizes in single elimination tournaments. Entry per tournament will require a token with the first one part of your R50 Day Play Pass (available at the door). Additional tokens may be purchased at the venue too. The MWEB Mini-Tournaments will feature PES 2018, Injustice 2, Tekken 7, Rocket League and more.
Every few hours there will be mini-tournaments featuring a variety of titles and sponsored by MWEB. The tournaments will have a competitor limit (32-players max.), be played on Xbox One generally and will be walk-in only. Tournaments will be a single elimination format. Up for grabs per tournament is at R1,000 in cash. To participate, you will need a R50 Player Pass token (available at the venue). Players keen to compete must register a half hour before the start time of their preferred tournament:
- 10h30: PES 2018 [MWEB Arena]
- 10h30: Rocket League 1v1 [Stage Area]
- 12h30: Injustice 2 [MWEB Arena]
- 14h30: Dragon Ball FighterZ [MWEB Arena]
- 16h30: Rocket League 1v1 [MWEB Arena]
- 10h30: Injustice 2 [MWEB Arena]
- 12h30: Tekken 7 [MWEB Arena]
- 14h30: PES 2018 2v2 [MWEB Arena]
We will have a few titles available for those keen just to try something out. In doing so you could win in one of the random giveaways.
More importantly, we will also be hosting a Metal Gear Survive event over the weekend. The game will be released in the week leading up to AfrEsports, and to celebrate, you can try it out and even stand in line to win some goodies.
Those with the Day Play Pass will also get access to a variety of King of the Hill tournaments which will be detailed soon.
- Date: Saturday 24 February and Sunday 25 February 2018
- Saturday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Where: Sun Exhibits, Grand West, 1 Jakes Gerwel Dr, Goodwood, Cape Town, Western Cape
- What: Call of Duty: WWII (4v4), FIFA 18 and more
- Cost: Spectator Pass – Free | Play Pass – R50 | Football Player Pass – R150 (Early Bird) | COD Team Pass – R1,000 (Early Bird)
- Prizes: Over R50,000 in cash plus ACGL XP
Additional information can be found on the AfrEsports page.
AFRESPORTS EVENT PARTNERS
If you have any questions, comments or queries please be sure to contact us via: